|What is ADHD?|
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common childhood disorders and can continue through adolescence and adulthood. Symptoms include difficulty staying focused and paying attention, difficult controlling behavior and hyperactivity (over-activity).
ADHD has three subtypes:
- Predominantly hyperactive-impulsive
- Most symptoms (six or more) are in the hyperactivity-impulsivity categories.
- Fewer than six symptoms of inattention are present, although inattention may still be present to some degree.
- Predominantly inattentive
- The majority of symptoms (six or more) are in the inattention category and fewer than six symptoms of hyperactivity-impulsivity are present, although hyperactivity-impulsivity may still be present to some degree.
- Children with this subtype are less likely to act out or have difficulties getting along with other children. They may sit quietly, but they are not paying attention to what they are doing. Therefore, the child may be overlooked and parents and teachers may not notice that he or she has ADHD.
- Combined hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive
- Six or more symptoms of inattention and six or more symptoms of hyperactivity-impulsivity are present.
- Most children have the combined type of ADHD.
|Can ADHD Be Cured with Medication?|
The medications currently on the market to treat ADHD cannot cure the disease. They can only treat the symptoms. However, there are a number of medications available to treat the inattentiveness, hyperactivity or lethargy, impulsiveness and other symptoms of ADHD.
Medications that treat ADHD symptoms include, but are not limited to:
Most ADHD medications are stimulants. They increase alertness, wakefulness and attentiveness. Stimulants can treat ADHD by making it easier to focus and concentrate on important information. In people with hyperactivity, they actually decrease this symptom; in people with the inattentive subtype who feel lethargic much of the time, they increase energy levels and motivation. Many stimulants also produce positive emotional sensations of well-being, which can help the anxious or depressed feelings which can accompany or result from ADHD symptoms.
Search for more information about Cure ADHD in Google